Today I presented my first bits of ideas to the class and this is what they thought:
The wasn't much feedback but one important note was that I didn't have much time in the trumpet line for the player to breathe. There was sections of long continous phrases that would be hard to play without a very noticeable breath. Also it was mentioned that if I put breaths in the trumpet line, I should also consider putting them in the other instruments even though none of them require air (well, depending on the 'organ').
One comment mentioned how they enjoyed the building of intensity I created.
One other comment was in appreciation of my changing time signature feel and encouragement to continue.
This was my feedback, and I am taking all points into consideration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Mike,
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed hearing your piece last week. As some of the others said in class, despite the fact that it has a somewhat set amount of diversity as a minimalist piece as compared to something which isn't minimalist, it is still really interesting and changes exactly when it feels like it should. Your timing with this was impeccable, and it in no way causes a loss of attention- at least, from my point of view. I really like what you've got done with it, especially as far as texture and timing go, and hope that you continue with the great work. I definately watched Koyaanisqatsi last night and would say that you're well on your way to creating a great tribute/homage to Philip Glass.
As a sidenote, the word verification to post this comment was lugyfydro, and I can't help but wonder where they come up with these words.
Post a Comment