Saturday, September 27, 2008
Update on Second Piece
Well this week of composing was fruitless. I wrote out my second piece and didn't like it, so I am starting over on a second one. The last couple days I've tried to write a moving bass line in the trombone with slow chords in the piano. I wanted to get an effect similar to Bach's well known "Air on the G string" The Air from his orchestral suite No. 3. Well Lets just say that it didn't turn out to be anything I want my composition class to hear! So I will continue toiling this weekend and hope to have something decent on Monday. I have another idea in the works, and hopefully it goes well this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Argh! The frustration of having something not turn out as planned, or hoped for... Argh! I suspect we can all relate to that.
FWIW, I think slow-moving chords with steady moving bass line, a la Air on the G String, is a great idea, so I hope you stick with it.
But don't forget that sometimes what you end up with is not what you had originally wanted, but it turns out to be good anyway!
Post a Comment